[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: can i setup metastock to identify pattern matches

To save newbie's a lot of money, Equis left the chart pattern matching
out of MS. To make Reuters more money, Equis came out with a couple of
plug-ins that do some basic pattern matching for newbie's that insist.

Pattern matching is more in the eye of the beholder than on the chart.
You can make more money with Rorschach patterns than you can with the
typical TA chart patterns.

Bulkowski's Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns is the strongest evidence
that this is a waste of time.

Show me the back test results for a common chart pattern! I guess
those are like the Elliot Wave back tests I'm always seeing.

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bdlagno" <bdlagno@xxx> wrote:

> my quastion is can metastock find pattern matches for example cup and
> handle or W or flying saucer
>
> P.S. if you go to
> http://www.tdameritrade.com/tradingtools/patternmatcher.html
>
> this is what i want metastock to do