[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Rising ADX for 3 Periods in a Row

Mark,

You're quite welcome!

I think the indicators that Super gave you will work just fine with
one exception. I would change the ADX to the PDI(13). So the change
would be to:
A:=PDI(13);
If you want to assure a trend you could keep the ADX and look for a
value from it over the traditionally held value of 20 but thats
really redundant given the rest of the indicators you would be using.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, markumansky <no_reply@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi Preston and Super,
>
> Thank you both for the support and advise given. It much greatly
> appreciated and noted!!!!
>
> After considering both sides of view points, i guess all i really
want
> to do is to run the explorer on either a quarterly or monthly time
> frames and find stocks that have:
>
> 1) Last Price > EMA Price over the last 3 period, then if this
> criteria is met, shorten the list to show stocks that ALSO HAVE;
> 2) Average Volume Rising for past 3 periods, then once both of these
> criteria's are met shorten the list even further to show stocks that
> ALSO HAVE;
> 3) Rising DI+
>
> This way, i hope to have remaining the list of stocks that meet all
3
> criteria's only.
>
> Mark
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Mark,
> >
> > Let me interject something.
> >
> > The ADX will tell you when you have a trend but not the direction
of
> > that trend.
> >
> > It is possible to have an accelerating ADX in a downtrend.
> >
> > The PDI and MDI can help identify whether the trend is bullish or
> > bearish. A PDI greater than a MDI would be bullish.
> >
> > As far as the indicator that Super gave you, remember that it has
a 5
> > day smoothing lag and therefore will give a signal when the trend
has
> > become neutral.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, markumansky <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Super,
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot. The explorer does work, but when i open the
charts
> > that
> > > the explorer spits out, some of the charts how ADX decreasing
not
> > > increasing.
> > >
> > > So my question is why does it spit these charts out when the
ADX is
> > > falling? Shouldn't it reject these charts?
> > >
> > > Mark
> > >
> > > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, superfragalist
<no_reply@>

> > doesn't