[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Rising ADX for 3 Periods in a Row

Hi Preston and Super,

Thank you both for the support and advise given. It much greatly
appreciated and noted!!!!

After considering both sides of view points, i guess all i really want
to do is to run the explorer on either a quarterly or monthly time
frames and find stocks that have:

1) Last Price > EMA Price over the last 3 period, then if this
criteria is met, shorten the list to show stocks that ALSO HAVE;
2) Average Volume Rising for past 3 periods, then once both of these
criteria's are met shorten the list even further to show stocks that
ALSO HAVE;
3) Rising DI+

This way, i hope to have remaining the list of stocks that meet all 3
criteria's only.

Mark

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Let me interject something.
>
> The ADX will tell you when you have a trend but not the direction of
> that trend.
>
> It is possible to have an accelerating ADX in a downtrend.
>
> The PDI and MDI can help identify whether the trend is bullish or
> bearish. A PDI greater than a MDI would be bullish.
>
> As far as the indicator that Super gave you, remember that it has a 5
> day smoothing lag and therefore will give a signal when the trend has
> become neutral.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, markumansky <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Super,
> >
> > Thanks a lot. The explorer does work, but when i open the charts
> that
> > the explorer spits out, some of the charts how ADX decreasing not
> > increasing.
> >
> > So my question is why does it spit these charts out when the ADX is
> > falling? Shouldn't it reject these charts?
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, superfragalist <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > This formula I mentioned. It works fine in my explorer. If it
> doesn't
> > > work in your explorer, I have no idea why it's not working. Sounds
> > > like it's time to learn MS fundamental programming! If I were
> going to
> > > use this, I think I would test it!!
> > >

> > > A:=ADX(13);
> > > B:=Mov(a,5,S);
> > > M1:=Mov(C,13,S);
> > > V1:=Mov(V,13,S);
> > >

> > > X1:=If(Ref(b,-1)<b AND Ref(b,-2)<Ref(b,-1) AND Ref(b,-3)<Ref(b,-
> 2),1,0);
> > >
> > > X2:=If(Ref(m1,-1)<m1 AND Ref(m1,-2)<Ref(m1,-1) AND
> > > Ref(m1,-3)<Ref(m1,-2),1,0);
> > >
> > > X3:= If(Ref(v1,-1)<v1 AND Ref(v1,-2)<Ref(v1,-1) AND
> > > Ref(v1,-3)<Ref(v1,-2),1,0);
> > >
> > > X1=1 AND X2=1 AND X3=1
> > >
> > > Super
> > >

> > > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, markumansky <no_reply@>

> [...]