[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Historical Trendlines and Breakouts, by D. Tsokakis, Oct2003

Arun,

Just spent some time over at amibroker.

Here's part of whats going on:

Basically the code from Dimitris is a channel breakout.

Converting the code to metastock presents several problems which I
am not sure how to deal with. First problem is dealing with the
variables. Metastock will allow only 20. I can get around that
problem but then there are other problems that I can't get around.
There are 3 plots and I'm not sure how those should be dealt with.
It would be helpful to see a chart of the indicator but as you know
Yahoo doesn't allow them so I'm unable to see what is supposed to be
going on. My suggestion is to contact Dimitris and see if he might
be willing to help you out. Who knows he may even have some
metastock code that he would be willing to share with you.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Arun,
>
> This is Amibroker code written by Dimitris Tsokakis who is a
> frequent visitor to their Yahoo Group. I can try to convert it but
> will not make any promises.
>
> Realize that it does use peak and trough indicators which have a
> tendency to change...they are dynamic...ie, here today gone
tomorrow.

> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "arun103" <arun103@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Preston
> >
> > I've found the following trendline formula in one of the
metastock
> > websites. I pasted it, as it is, but metastock indicator builder
> > doesn't accept it. I get the message: "This is not a recongnized
> > name, constant or operator".
> >
> > Can you correct it for me or send the correct formula?

--
> --
> > Historical Trendlines and Breakouts, by D. Tsokakis, Oct2003
> > x = Cum(1);
> > per = 3;// CALIBRATE THE ZIG() SENSITIVITY
> > s1=L;s11=H;
> > pS = TroughBars( s1, per, 1 ) == 0;
> > endt=SelectedValue(ValueWhen( pS, x ,1));
> > startt=SelectedValue(ValueWhen( pS, x ,2));
> > dtS =endt-startt;
> > endS = SelectedValue((ValueWhen( pS, s1,1) ));
> > startS = SelectedValue(( ValueWhen( pS, s1 ,2)));
> > aS = (endS-startS)/dtS;bS = endS;
> > trendlineS = aS * ( x -endt ) + bS;//SUPPORT LINE
> > pR = PeakBars( s11, per, 1 ) == 0;
> > endt1= SelectedValue(ValueWhen( pR, x, 1));
> > startt1=SelectedValue(ValueWhen( pR, x, 2 ));
> > dtR =endt1-startt1;
> > endR = SelectedValue(ValueWhen( pR, s11, 1 ) );
> > startR = SelectedValue( ValueWhen( pR, s11, 2 ));
> > aR = (endR-startR)/dtR;bR = endR;
> > trendlineR = aR * ( x -endt1 ) + bR;//RESISTANCE LINE
> > first=Min(startt,startt1);Last=Max(endt,endt1);
> > d=10;// INCREASE d TO EXTEND THE LINES
> > bullishbreakout=x>endt1 AND x<last+d AND Cross(C,trendlineR);
> > bearishbreakout=x>endt AND x<last+d AND Cross(trendlineS,C);
> > Plot(C,"Close",IIf(bullishbreakout,colorBrightGreen,IIf
> > (bearishbreakout,colorRed,colorBlack)),64);
> > Plot(IIf(x>=first -d AND x<=Last+d,trendlineS,-
> > 1e10),"Support",colorBrightGreen,1);
> > Plot(IIf(x>=first-d AND x<=Last+d,trendlineR,-
> > 1e10),"Resistance",colorRed,1);
--
> --
> >
> > Kind Regards