[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Historical Trendlines and Breakouts, by D. Tsokakis, Oct2003

Arun,

This is Amibroker code written by Dimitris Tsokakis who is a
frequent visitor to their Yahoo Group. I can try to convert it but I
will not make any promises.

Realize that it does use peak and trough indicators which have a
tendency to change...they are dynamic...ie, here today gone tomorrow.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "arun103" <arun103@xxx> wrote:

> Hello Preston
>
> I've found the following trendline formula in one of the metastock
> websites. I pasted it, as it is, but metastock indicator builder
> doesn't accept it. I get the message: "This is not a recongnized
> name, constant or operator".
>
> Can you correct it for me or send the correct formula?

--
> Historical Trendlines and Breakouts, by D. Tsokakis, Oct2003
> x = Cum(1);
> per = 3;// CALIBRATE THE ZIG() SENSITIVITY
> s1=L;s11=H;
> pS = TroughBars( s1, per, 1 ) == 0;
> endt=SelectedValue(ValueWhen( pS, x ,1));
> startt=SelectedValue(ValueWhen( pS, x ,2));
> dtS =endt-startt;
> endS = SelectedValue((ValueWhen( pS, s1,1) ));
> startS = SelectedValue(( ValueWhen( pS, s1 ,2)));
> aS = (endS-startS)/dtS;bS = endS;
> trendlineS = aS * ( x -endt ) + bS;//SUPPORT LINE
> pR = PeakBars( s11, per, 1 ) == 0;
> endt1= SelectedValue(ValueWhen( pR, x, 1));
> startt1=SelectedValue(ValueWhen( pR, x, 2 ));
> dtR =endt1-startt1;
> endR = SelectedValue(ValueWhen( pR, s11, 1 ) );
> startR = SelectedValue( ValueWhen( pR, s11, 2 ));
> aR = (endR-startR)/dtR;bR = endR;
> trendlineR = aR * ( x -endt1 ) + bR;//RESISTANCE LINE
> first=Min(startt,startt1);Last=Max(endt,endt1);
> d=10;// INCREASE d TO EXTEND THE LINES
> bullishbreakout=x>endt1 AND x<last+d AND Cross(C,trendlineR);
> bearishbreakout=x>endt AND x<last+d AND Cross(trendlineS,C);
> Plot(C,"Close",IIf(bullishbreakout,colorBrightGreen,IIf
> (bearishbreakout,colorRed,colorBlack)),64);
> Plot(IIf(x>=first -d AND x<=Last+d,trendlineS,-
> 1e10),"Support",colorBrightGreen,1);
> Plot(IIf(x>=first-d AND x<=Last+d,trendlineR,-
> 1e10),"Resistance",colorRed,1);
--

> Kind Regards
>
> Arun