Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Make 'trustful' Peak/Trough levels

Just my tuppence worth on Spyros's validated ZigZag........

I use it in two ways in my (FX) trading strategy. Firstly, it is a very
good trend indicator. As long as the indicator value is +1, the uptrend is
intact. An indicator value of -1 means that a downtrend is in place. You
can adjust the percentage/point tolerances in the same way as you can with
the MS ZigZag indicator.

More useful for me however, is using it as an objective indication of when
and where to scale into the trade, which I do all the time. If working a
long trade and the Validated ZigZag changes from +1 to -1, it indicates
that a pullback is occurring. When it changes back to +1, ideally when the
price hits a Fib level or a pivot level, then I will add to the trade and
move my stop up to just below the validated trough.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Kevin

<*> Your email settings: