[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Make 'trustful' Peak/Trough levels

Thanks, this is very useful to find out if the latest turn is
definite or not.
The formula:  cross(c,peak(1,c,5%)  Should work because when the
close is back up, it means that a trough is made and so the last
peak is surely definite.  (correct me if i'm wrong).

The problem tough is that if the next close (bar) is not above the
peak, then the expert advisor takes away the signal.... :-(

Why is this? And is there something to do about it.

rgds,

Dirk

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Spyros Raftopoulos did a good deal of work on this and has a
> validating indicator. Check the files for ZZ indicators...3 files
all
> total.
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dirk_boodts" <etrader@>
> wrote:
> >
> > The Peak/trough indicator is very interesting but as you all
know,
> > one should avoid it when using in a system because it's
hindsight.

> > Although, I tought that Peak(1,C,5) must work (trustful) once
the
> > stock declined enough from that peak en rises again. With other
> > words, once the trough(1,C,5) is made, then the Peak(1,C,5) can
be
> > used in a system, no..?
> >
> > I tried and yes indeed, once the close is back at the peak level
it
> > means that the stock made a low and the peak will not change
> anymore.
> > (am I correct?)
> >
> > THE PROBLEM tough is that in realtime after giving a signal -for
> > example: C > Peak(1,C,5)  -  the next bar closes beyond the Peak
> and
> > the signal is gone.  If the next bar is closer higher, the
signal
> > stays valid and we have a good signal.
> >
> > Any comments?  How can we solve the problem that the signal
doesn't
> > dissapear the next bar?
> >

> > rgds

<*> Your email settings: