[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Make 'trustful' Peak/Trough levels

Spyros Raftopoulos did a good deal of work on this and has a
validating indicator. Check the files for ZZ indicators...3 files all
total.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dirk_boodts" <etrader@xxx>
wrote:

> The Peak/trough indicator is very interesting but as you all know,
> one should avoid it when using in a system because it's hindsight.
>
> Although, I tought that Peak(1,C,5) must work (trustful) once the
> stock declined enough from that peak en rises again. With other
> words, once the trough(1,C,5) is made, then the Peak(1,C,5) can be
> used in a system, no..?
>
> I tried and yes indeed, once the close is back at the peak level it
> means that the stock made a low and the peak will not change
anymore.
> (am I correct?)
>
> THE PROBLEM tough is that in realtime after giving a signal -for
> example: C > Peak(1,C,5)  -  the next bar closes beyond the Peak
and
> the signal is gone.  If the next bar is closer higher, the signal
> stays valid and we have a good signal.
>
> Any comments?  How can we solve the problem that the signal doesn't
> dissapear the next bar?
>

> rgds

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional