[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Will indicator based on Calculus perform better than OHLC indicator?

Eric,

Really thought you might have gotten more replies to this.

So let's consider your question.

First you comment that "there are so many financial institutions
developing indicators based on complex Calculus formula."

My question would be how do you know this? Are you being told this
or have you actually seen the indicators?

Realize that much about the financial world is pure hype...always
has been and likely always will be. Why else do you think the SEC
has so many watchdogs out there and is shutting down bogus
operations.

Next is the question of whether you need a complex formula inorder
to make money. Take some time and study the countless systems out
there. What you will find is that the simpler ones are usually the
ones making the most money. So why do you need a complex formula?

I've written and studied formula's for a little while now. What I've
come to realize is that a lot about how the formula is written is
based on the background and training of the individual doing the
writing. A good case in point is a formula that I had worked on
years ago. I thought the formula was just the stuff that
millionaires were made of. A number of us played with the formula
and realized that it was just a simplified version of a pre-existing
formula. Years later an engineer came along and published a version
of the same indicator. It was so strickeningly similar that he and I
had conversations about his work. The difference in our versions was
that his calculations were a bit more complex than mine but the
final outputs were identical.

Next thing to consider is that financial institutions usually don't
look at a single stock. They are more concerned with the stocks that
make up a market. Their concerns are related to the fundamentals. I
doubt that you will find a financial institution putting very much
money into a company that doesn't have an outstanding reputation and
outlook. They are looking at such things as return on investment,
projected earnings, sales and growth.

Fundamental and Technical analysis are very different. They can and
do compliment each other though. It is extremely wise to select a
stock first on a fundamental basis then on a technical basis. Do
this and you'll find the rewards to be far better.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chichungchoi <no_reply@xxx>
wrote:

> There are so many financial institutions developing indicators
based on
> complex Calculus formula, does anyone have any suggestions what
> advantage it is as comparing with OHLC indicator for Metastock?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional