[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Metastock 10.1 Vista Always alerts when Opening Metastock, can I beat that?

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "investpostsstill"
<disposable12@xxx> wrote:

> I have installed Metastock 10.1 on my new Vista computer.  It works
> fine.  All my old stuff moved over, my data downloads, etc.  And the
> increase in ram and computer speed make it move very fast.
>
> I have one irritation.
>
> Vista doesn't recognize the program as one I trust.  Every time I boot
> up the system and start Metastock, I have to tell Vista to allow it to
> open Metastock (or the data downloader).
>
> Is there any way around this, so that I can open Metastock without
> having to click tell Vista each and every time to let it run?  Anyone
> else experience this?

I've run into the same issue and decided to live with it. You can turn
off User Account Control by going to Control Panel, User Accounts and
selecting Turn User Account Control on or off. This will allow you to
start MetaStock without the warning, but you will get another warning
whenever you start your computer that User Account Control is turned
off.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: