  From: pumrysh
  To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 5:33 AM
  Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Parabolic SAR...Two Color

  All,

  I hope everyone realizes how significant this indicator is!

  Prior to this we would typically play hide the value.
  RedGreen Histogram is a good example:

  {RedGreen Histogram}
  X:= {your indicator here};
  Green:=If(X>Ref(X,-1),X,0);
  Red:=If(X<Ref(X,-1),X,0);
  Green; Red;

  The indicator works because 0 is a value used in the display. In the
  case of the Two-Color SAR though you will notice that we have no
  negative indicator values.

  Roy recently shared the process with those members of his newsletter
  in the form of another indicator. The indicator that he used was the
  Heikin-Ashi. The HA requires that you display values for the close
  and open that are different than the data for the day/period. Roy's
  indicator allows you to do this without a DLL or transposing the
  values in Excel. This is just the type of insightful information
  that you can expect to receive with the every issue of the
  publication. If you are not a subscriber then I would strongly
  consider it.

  As far as the indicator, this is just the tip of the iceburg when it
  comes to its use. Roy and I have found uses for it that others
  thought impossible. In Roy's case I consider it genius. Mine was
  just luck. Either way ValueWhen is one of those gems that can be
  used to create some really interesting charts.

  If you run across some other ideas for its use or just have some
  proposals that you would like to consider, please share them.

  Preston

  --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxx>
  wrote:

  > Daniel
  >

  > There is a way to plot SAR() with different colors for up and
  down. This method is really only workable with a dotted line style -
  and not with a solid line style. A dotted line only plots on each
  bar and does not connect between bars. That allows the transition
  from "zero to active" or "active to zero" to remain hidden. A solid
  line cannot hide that transition.

  > The following formula generates two SAR outputs. The first output
  plots the SAR when it is less than CLOSE, otherwise it plots zero.
  The second output plots the SAR when it is greater than CLOSE,
  otherwise it plots zero. Each plot can be given the color and style
  of your choice. Remember that a dotted line works best because of
  the "transition" problem with a solid line.

  > If no other outputs were included in the formula then scaling the
  indicator to price would allow the zero segments of each plot to
  severely distort or compress the price bars. This problem is
  overcome by adding an N/A output as the LAST output from the
  indicator. I've used ValueWhen(1,0=1,0) to create this output. This
  output can never be valid because 0 (zero) is never equal to 1
  (one), and I'm using "0=1" is the (non-existent) trigger expression.
  The indicator still remains "scaled" to the price chart but the
  unwanted zero dots are allowed to "float" and disappear from the
  viewing window. Once the indicator has been floated price bars can
  again use the full height of the inner window.

  > In the event that the zero dots reappear at the bottom of the
  window on some charts, and this can happen, an extra valid zero line
  can be created. Giving this zero line a heavy dotted style and the
  same color as the chart background will effectively blank out any
  zero SAR plots that might come into view.

  > Obviously this indicator cannot plot as required when first
  dropped onto a chart - it requires each plot be given the correct
  style and color. If you wanted to use this on every chart then you
  should set up the indicator and then save it as part of your default
  template. That way the two-color SAR will plot correctly as soon as
  you open each chart.

  > {Two-Color SAR}
  >
  > A:=Input("Step value", 0.001,1,0.02);
  >
  > B:=Input("Maximum value",0.01,1,0.2);
  >
  > R:=SAR(A,B);
  >
  > If(R<C,R,0);
  >
  > If(R>C,R,0);
  >
  > {0;}
  >
  > ValueWhen(1,0=1,0);
  >

  > Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any problems
  making this work.

  > Regards
  >

  > Roy
  >
  > www.metastocktips.co.nz