Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Historical daily index data

Andrew,
Thank you. Great article. Very interesting results.  I agree with
your conclusion about using excel.  You may have seen my zig zag
drawdown question.  This part of the analysis I was hoping I could
do in MS and export it to excel. Does anyone know of a software
package that can be purchased to produce the results that were
presented in the Faber paper?
Jeff

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrew Tomlinson"
<andrew.tomlinson@xxx> wrote:

> This type of analysis is hard to do within Metastock because you
need to be
> using total return data - you're better off in Excel. This is
particularly
> the case if you're looking at risk as well as return. An
interesting recent
> approach on this with a TA spin is Meb Faber's Paper  "A
Quantitative
> Approach to Tactical Asset Allocation" . Journal of Wealth
Management,