Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Support & Resistant Formula

hi to all,
               thanks , good job..............i want to know "How Plot line with Colors" in Pivot, kindly help
  ramesh

markumansky <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Thanks Roy, The #3 seems to work best for me. For the sake of
simplicity is also possible see the line values for each line on the
left side of each line?

Thanks in advance!

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Preston
>

> Just a thought on this one. Unless the last bar indicator is plotted
with a heavy weight it will be virtually invisible. Selecting it when
it can't be seen is also a problem. Another way to go might be
generate X several bars prior to the last bar (easy to do as you'll
already know), and use the earlier signal with ValueWhen() to plot the
LastValue() of support and resistance for several bars rather than
just the one bar.
> Like this perhaps.
>
> {Pivot Points #2}
>
> R#2:=((H+L+C)/3) - (2*((H+L+C)/3) - H) +
> (2*((H+L+C)/3) - L);
> R#1:=2*((H+L+C)/3) - L;
> S#1:=2*((H+L+C)/3) - H;
> PP:=(H+L+C)/3;
> S#2:=((H+L+C)/3) - (((2*((H+L+C)/3) -
> L)-(2*((H+L+C)/3) - H)));
> X:= Cum(1)=LastValue(Cum(1))-10;
> ValueWhen(1,X,LastValue(R#2));
> ValueWhen(1,X,LastValue(R#1));
> ValueWhen(1,X,LastValue(PP));
> ValueWhen(1,X,LastValue(S#1));
> ValueWhen(1,X,LastValue(S#2));{end}
>
> The indicator is visible without needing to have the weight changed
of each plot changed.

> As far as color etc. goes, an easy way to ensure that an indicator
gets the wanted color, style and weight as soon as it's first dropped
down onto a chart is to include an Input() function in the formula.
Inserting an Input() function in this case could also serve to set the
number of bars plotted.

> {Pivot Points #3}
>
> N:=Input("Bars to plot",1,101,10)-1;
> R#2:=((H+L+C)/3) - (2*((H+L+C)/3) - H) +
> (2*((H+L+C)/3) - L);
> R#1:=2*((H+L+C)/3) - L;
> S#1:=2*((H+L+C)/3) - H;
> PP:=(H+L+C)/3;
> S#2:=((H+L+C)/3) - (((2*((H+L+C)/3) -
> L)-(2*((H+L+C)/3) - H)));
> X:= Cum(1)=LastValue(Cum(1))-N;
> ValueWhen(1,X,LastValue(R#2));
> ValueWhen(1,X,LastValue(R#1));
> ValueWhen(1,X,LastValue(PP));
> ValueWhen(1,X,LastValue(S#1));
> ValueWhen(1,X,LastValue(S#2));{end}
>
> As the indicator is pulled down onto a chart there's an opportunity
to change not only the Input() value for bars to plot but also select
a common colour, style and weight for all plots.

> Regards
>
> Roy

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional