[EquisMetaStock Group] "Run" of a stock ...

Hello,

I have been using Metastock with realtime data and intend to execute a
few formulae in order to scan for stocks meeting a certain criterion
for stock picking ...

The intent is to devise a formula to calculate the "run" of a stock
which gives a good idea about the short-term prevailing trend of the
stock price. I would like to know what types of functions from the
metastock formula language may need to be used to calculate the "run".

The algorithm of a "run" is the number of consecutive ups or downs in
the price action of a stock from a certain date in the past - on an
intraday chart [5min] chart.

I would be thankful to anybody who can give the list of possible
functions that will be handy in implementing this algo. I am not yet
familiar with the nuances of all the functions in Metastock. I can
implement the algo thereafter ... and put it on the yahoogroup ...

- Thank you

- Shobhit Mathur

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional