Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Need Formula

Santosh,

Please read the "Formula Primer" which is available free from Equis.
It explains much about formula coding.

The indicator uses the following format:
Mo(Data Array, Periods)

Therefore Mo(close,3) would give you momemtum of 3 days.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, santosh shanbhag
<santubaba@xxx> wrote:

> Sir,
>     Please gv it in a format ,so that i can copy and paste on
METASTOCK,i want MOMENTUM od DAY3>DAY2 and DAY2>DAY1 with vokume and
price also as gvn in earlier mails
>   3days volume is increasing larger than previous day
> > > Day 3 is higher than day2
> > > Day 2 is higher than day1
> > >
> > > 3 days closing price is higher than previous day
> > > Day 3 is higher than day 2
> > > Day 2 is higher than day 1
>

> pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>           Alwin,
>
> The momentum of a security is the ratio of today's price compared
> the price x-time periods ago. The formula equivalent of the
> calculation is shown below:
>
> Where:
> ref(Close,-10) = The closing price 10 periods ago
>
> The interpretation of the Momentum indicator is identical to the
> interpretation of the Price R.O.C (see Price Rate-Of-Change). Both
> indicators display the rate-of-change of a security's price. The
> Price R.O.C. indicator displays the rate-of-change as a
percentage.
> The Momentum indicator displays the rate-of-change as a ratio.
>
> The Momentum formula is (close / ref( close, -12 )) * 100
>
> Preston
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, santosh shanbhag
> <santubaba@> wrote:
> >
> > Hai Suji,
> >
> > Can you please add another condition with the below formula
> you have provided,i want also MOMENTUM of day3 > day2 & day 2 >
day
> 1
> >
> > Alwin Chuah <ctk188@> wrote:
> > Hi sugiharto
> > Thanks fo your help
> >

> > Sugiharto Setyabudi <sugiharto.wu@> wrote:
> > Try:
> > V > Ref(V, -1) AND Ref(V, -1) > Ref(V, -2) AND
> > C > Ref(C, -1) AND Ref(C, -1) > Ref(C, -2)
> >
> > On 7/16/07, Alwin Chuah <ctk188@> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > I need assistance in creating this formula to be put in the
> explorer
> > >
> > > 3days volume is increasing larger than previous day
> > > Day 3 is higher than day2
> > > Day 2 is higher than day1
> > >
> > > 3 days closing price is higher than previous day
> > > Day 3 is higher than day 2
> > > Day 2 is higher than day 1
> > >
> > > Selection is both conditions are true
> > > Alwin