[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Binary Wave Buy from the lowest value

Paul,

What I was trying to show is that on a chart that doesn't trend as
well the signals are not as good. Out of the seven signals shown
only 3 were good and 1 was early which would have resulted in some
hefty drawdowns.

Notice also that I changed the sell formula. The previous sell
formula was giving sell signals just before the buy signals. Most of
the sell signals now are good with the exception of 1 which occurs
when the spread is negative which should not be used. The gap up in
January throws the system for a loop as both buy and sells would
have taken a toll on the pocket.

I'd say the binaries need to be changed. Theres a CCI, RSI, and
Stoch. The ROC and RSI are too closely related and I would consider
using one or the other, preferably the RSI. Try it with just the
RSI, MO, and Linreg.

The formulas that I used are listed below.

Preston

{Acciona s Binary Wave Composite sell}
 Mov(Fml("Acciona Binary Wave Composite "),2,S)
> Fml("Acciona Binary Wave Composite ")
AND Ref(Fml("Acciona Binary Wave Composite "),-1)= 4

{Acciona b Binary Wave Composite buy}
Fml("Acciona Binary Wave Composite ") > Mov(Fml("Acciona Binary Wave
Composite "),2,S) AND Ref(Fml("Acciona Binary Wave Composite "),-1)=-
4

{Acciona Spread Index}
PERIODS:=Input("PERIODS",1,100,14);
AX:=PDI(PERIODS) - MDI(PERIODS);
X:=Mov(AX,5,W)*2;
Mov(x,3,S);x;

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Harris"
<paul_vicmar@xxx> wrote:

> Preston
>
> I have had a look at your chart. Whilst I can see that
your "Acciona
> Spread Index" looks very similar to the Binary Wave, you might
need to
> give me an explanation of your "madness" of how it is made and
what it
> shows.
>
> I was thinking of improvements to the Bin Wave/system.
> 1. Weighting of the components of the bin wave i.e more weight for
the
> trending indicators and less weight to momentum indicators for
example.
> 2. MACD of the binary wave. Interestingly MACD of Acciona Binary
Wave
> gave some good divergence signals prior to the consolidation
phases of
> the stock in 2004 and 2006.
>
> I´ll mess around today and post conclusions at the end of the day.
> Yours
>
> PAUL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional