  From: markumansky
  To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2007 1:50 AM
  Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Explorer

  Thanks Roy,

  I am trying to create an Explorer from the following indicator. Can
  you help?

  {Up/DownSwing average Volume v3.0
  ©Copyright 2006 Jose Silva.
  For personal use only.
  http://www.metastocktools.com }

  { User inputs }
  choose:=Input("Avg Volume: [1]UpSwing, [2]DownSwing, [3]Both",1,3,3);
  ch:=Input("ZigZag minimum change %",.01,100,0.5);
  plot:=Input("Up/Down [1]Avg Vol [2]Swings, [3]ZigZag, [4]Pk/Tr",1,4,1);

  { ZigZag }
  zz:=Zig(C,ch,%);

  { Up/Down bar count }
  pkBars:=PeakBars(1,C,ch);
  trBars:=TroughBars(1,C,ch);

  { Peaks/Troughs }
  pk:=pkBars=0;
  tr:=trBars=0;

  { ---------- *** UpSwing Volume *** ---------- }

  { Up swings }
  UpSwing:=zz>Ref(zz,-1);

  { Up swing volume }
  UpSwingVol:=V*UpSwing;

  { Accumulate & reset UpVolume }
  acc:=Cum(UpSwingVol);
  accUpVol:=acc-ValueWhen(1,pkBars=0,acc);

  { Average UpSwing Volume }
  avgUpVol:=accUpVol/Max(trBars,.00001);

  { Restrict avg Volume to peak bar }
  avgUpVolPk:=Ref(avgUpVol,-1)*pk;

  { --------- *** DownSwing Volume *** --------- }

  { Down swings }
  DwSwing:=zz<Ref(zz,-1);

  { Down swing volume }
  DwSwingVol:=V*DwSwing;

  { Accumulate & reset DownVolume }
  acc:=Cum(DwSwingVol);
  accDwVol:=acc-ValueWhen(1,trBars=0,acc);

  { Average DownSwing Volume }
  avgDwVol:=accDwVol/Max(pkBars,.00001);

  { Restrict avg Volume to trough bar }
  avgDwVolTr:=Ref(avgDwVol,-1)*tr;

  { Choose Volume display }
  swingAvgVol:=
  If(choose=1,avgUpVol,
  If(choose=2,avgDwVol,
  avgUpVolPk-avgDwVolTr));

  { Plot in own window }
  If(plot=1,swingAvgVol,
  If(plot=2,UpSwing-DwSwing,
  If(plot=3,zz,pk-tr)))

  Thanks in advance for your assistance and comments!
  Mark

  --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxx> wrote:

  > Hi Mark
  >

  > If your indicator is able to be written to give weekly signals on
  EOD data (for example), then a single exploration could check the
  indicator value for any timeframe using just EOD data. Check out
  http://www.metastocktips.co.nz/other_formulas.html for some examples
  of indicators set up for one timeframe plotting on data for a shorter
  timeframe.

  > Another way to go would be to have three explorations set up to
  examine your indicator in its native form (no rewriting for other
  timeframes), and then set the three explorations to execute on the
  three different timeframes. The first exploration would scan the whole
  database, the second would use the results from the first, and the
  third would use the results from the second.

  > Regards
  >
  > Roy
  > www.metastocktips.co.nz

  http://www.eset.com