[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Errors keep appearing in custom indicator

Thanks Preston,

You may have misread me. I am okay with the solution for DbZ errors,
but the task of going through the indicator (given that it's
a 'product' indicator dependent on five or six - maybe more - others)
is a task I have to do, but later; I'm now only at the stage of 'what
does this look like' rather than even a beta code.

For the benefit of others, another solution might be to 'latch
initialise' the parent indicators, and that's probably where I'll
head in the long term, but I had thought there was a simple way to
get rid of the nag, for now.

Cheers again

Draggie

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Draggie,
>
> The problem will return everytime you reopen the chart for the
first
> time.
>
> We've come up with several ways to fix the problem so it really
> makes no sense not to fix the formula so that the peoblem will go
> away.
>
> The best fix is to use
>
> dividend/Max(divisor,.0000001)
>
> this assures that you will never have a division by zero error.
>
> If you have problem trying to figure out where to use the formula
> post yours and we'll show you the fix.
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "draggiedriver"
> <draggiedriver@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've just had a problem return; and I can't remember how I fixed
> it
> > the first time!
> >
> > I have a template with several custom indicators in it. Depending
> on
> > the particular stock, my coding can throw up a number of 'divide
> by
> > zero' errors as the indicator gets 'warmed up'.
> >
> > I get the nag about the errors and I then check the option 'don't
> > show future errors for this indicator again in this chart'. Next
> time
> > I open the chart, even in the same session with MS, I get the
same
> > errors.
> >
> > Of, course, the best course would be to get the code working
> right,
> > but that's one for later.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Draggie