From: pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 9:31:50 PM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Fw: (Another) beginners question

            Tony,

I'm the one and only moderator/owner.

What will happen is probably more a Yahoo phenomenom than anything

else. Yahoo will update from time to time and its not uncommon for

delays to occur, sometimes as much as days.

Some good rules to follow are when replying to a post look at the

bottom to see what is included. Example is below you will see your

post and also Roys. The better thing is to delete the unwanted post.

Note also that if you get your email from the group as a digest you

are likely to see any number of post because they are placed into

digest format by Yahoo. As far as moderation, I generally don't do

that unless there is something that might be offensive. Then I

usually just change the word to symbols instead...this is a public

forum. I allow almost anything as long as its metastock related. I

won't allow someone to post there stock picks. I also will not allow

anything that appears to be spam such as multilevel marketing schemes.

Mistakes do happen and most of us are pretty forgiving in that

regard. I would prefer though that if you have a problem with someone

take it up with them directly as thats always a better way to handle

a problem.

Something else that I've found helpful is not to respond to an

initial reading of a post but to reread a post a second time just to

make sure that the author did indeed say what I thought. I usually

find that I've not read the post correctly on the first go.

I'm here any time you need help and more than happy to help.

Preston

BTW: The rumor that I'm an ogre is just not true:-)

--- In equismetastock@ yahoogroups. com, Tony M <t4tonym@xxx > wrote:

> Roy, and others,

> Definitely I share your concern that, as you say,

> "... private emails have somehow popped up for all the world to

see".

> In fact, I was a little surprised this week to see that my own

personal reply to one of the moderators was also published on the

site.

> Actually I had no real problem with that at all, except that only

my reply was published, while the original email to which I was

responding was not.

> So this regrettably make some of my comments appear a bit "out of

context".

> If this is in any way my own fault, then I do not quite understand

how, but I certainly apologize to all, including to you, and also to

Mr.Dracula.

> If I embarrass myself a bit, it doesn't matter, but I do not intend

to do it to other people by mistake, and especially not to all good

people who help.

> It is not entirely clear to me exactly how the system of moderation

and many other things works on this site, and perhaps this

> could be clarified, especially as to who or what is allowed and

what is not, and exactly what gets published and what does not.

>  I had (perhaps mistakenly) assumed that you were one of the

moderators yourself. I do know at least one of the moderators,

> who has written to me and clearly stated his role. But I do not

know how many or who else the others (?) may be who are involved

> in having an influence on this, but perhaps there needs to be some

consolidation.

> I think there may be other Metastock users who are also feeling a

little confusion about what and by whom gets published

> and what or who does not get in at all. Maybe it is my English

becoming confused now. It has been a very long week.

> With best wishes to all,

> Tony Mikhailovitch M

> in Moscow

> t4tonym@xxx

> ============ ========= ==

thrilled

> about is that private emails have somehow popped up for all the

world

> to see. I can assure you that I'm more than capable of embarrassing

> myself without any outside help :-)

> On the matter of the DLL source code that I sent you, I should

explain

> to those not in the know that this was Delphi source code for the

> GlobalVar and Calc DLLs written and kindly given to me by Mark Pyle

> use as I saw fit. Thank you Mark for sharing your skills so

generously.

____________ __

> Need a vacation? Get great deals

> to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.