Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Helping each other / good ethics

Preston,

Thanks for your email.
I agree entirely with your perspective that there is always something to learn from everyone,
whether that something is about TA, or about anything else. And sometimes, if one is experienced
enough and discerning enough, then one can learn almost as much from (bad) counter-examples
as from good and constructive examples. The only problem is that beginners in any area often
have not yet developed enough of a skill & knowledge base to discern which is which.

Who to allow or not allow?
I agree entirely with the perspective of minimizing censorship and allowing EVERYONE.

Consumers?
The reality of the business world is "caveat emptor", let the buyer beware, for him/herself.
Personally, I don't buy or sell anyone else's systems, but just proceed (when I have time)
working quietly on my own, which is intended for my own personal use. However I do like to share
 ideas about the "building blocks"  that anyone can use, in whatever is their own way.

As to the "Dracula" system, I really could not care less, and I have no opinions, views or interest in it.
I am far too busy with my own, and I have gone past believing that anyone has a "magic bullet" or a "holy grail".
The only items that I buy (in addition to my PC, Excel, etc & Metastock) are good quality data.
Actually data and almost everything that can be found on a "pay" site on the Internet can also be found
somewhere for free, if one either looks for it carefully or asks politely and agrees to share something useful in exchange.
Your site is a good venue for this sort of sharing.

Giving & taking:
You are right, you cannot control what people will do with info. But I think it is only right that, if
someone takes the efforts of a contributor to this site, then they should at least also put back on this site as well.
No-one can enforce it, but it is good to encourage it, and thereby build the strength of this group.

Best regards,
Tony

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional