[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Helping each other / good ethics

Tony,

I am the moderator. Would you explain what you mean by " attempting
to gain free information from other people, and then exploiting it
for the commercial gain of themselves or their friends."

Thanks,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tony M <t4tonym@xxx> wrote:

> Dear EquisMetastock group,
>
> I like this site and I enjoy reading the questions and helping
others if I can when time permits.
> Sometimes I have put quite a lot of my time and effort into this,
either via postings on the site,
> or by personal emails direct to people who have given their name &
email address.
> I am not a commercial programmer, nor do I work for Metastock, nor
do I gain any personal
> income at all from anything that I contribute to this or to any
other website. I am simply a part-time
> Metastock user with another "day job".
>
> I really appreciate the sincere efforts of everyone who
contributes to this site to help others and share our knowledge
freely.
> I am quite happy to communicate with anyone who either helps
others for free, or else is open about their
> commercial interests if they have any. This includes the people
who advertise their programming services via this site.
> It is good to know of professional programmers, and I am happy to
pay for professional programming help if I have to.
> Also with regard to anyone selling commercial Equis-related
publications such as subscription newsletters, or products
> such as various Metastock add-ins, by various different people
around the world, I think that if you want to advertise here,
> OK, within moderation.
>
> However I do object when I find people abusing the goodwill of the
sincere users of this site by attempting to gain free information
> from other people, and then exploiting it for the commercial gain
of themselves or their friends. This is not decent ethical behavior.
> When it happens, as has occurred in the last 2 weeks, it starts to
severely degrade the quality of the site. I know that I am
> not the only person who has noticed this happening.
>
> I don't know if the moderators are aware of what is going on, and
personally I do not believe that censorship is a good thing, but I
do hope that
> the quality of this site will not become degraded by one or more
exploitative individual(s) who abuse the goodwill of others.

> Please, if you do have your own commercial interests, then at
least have the decency to be up-front and open about them,
> rather than trying to get hold of other people's research efforts
for free and then selling them elsewhere.

> Regards,
> Tony Morland
> (Moscow)

<*> Your email settings: