[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: System Tester - Zero Lag EMA Crossover with OPT

Paul,

Try this:

{ZLEMA(Zero Lag EMA)}
EMA1:= Mov(CLOSE,opt1,E);
EMA2:= Mov(EMA1,opt2,E);
Difference:= EMA1 - EMA2;
ZeroLagEMA:= EMA1 + Difference;
Cross(ZeroLagEMA,Mov(ZeroLagEMA,opt3,E))

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Harris"
<paul_vicmar@xxx> wrote:

> Preston
>
> So the exact formula for the ZLEMA(Zero Lag EMA) is as we have used
> before.
>
> Period:= Input("What Period",1,250,10);
> EMA1:= Mov(CLOSE,Period,E);
> EMA2:= Mov(EMA1,Period,E);
> Difference:= EMA1 - EMA2;
> ZeroLagEMA:= EMA1 + Difference;
> ZeroLagEMA
>
> PAUL
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Paul,
> >
> > Post your exact formulas for me.
> >
> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Harris"
> > <paul_vicmar@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Preston
> > >
> > > OK had a look and couple of points arise.
> > > (ZLEMA=Zero Lag EMA)
> > > The Indicator builder does not allow me to change the period
> funtion
> > > in the ZLEMA formula to, in our example, "opt1".
> > >
> > > The other thing:
> > > "Cross(ZeroLagEMA,Mov(ZeroLagEMA,opt2,E))"
> > >
> > > Whilst the first ZLEMA would be optimised, the second ZLEMA
would
> be
> > > an optimsed EMA of the ZLEMA.
> > > Would it not be possible to create two ZLEMA formulas, ZLEMA1
> (short)
> > > and ZLEMA2(long). I am sure that it is possible, the trick is
how
> > > optimise them.
> > >
> > > Gracias
> > > PAUL

> [...]