Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Lunar & other calendar effects

Dear Super,

Thank you for your comments about testing and statistical significance. Valid of course.

I am not trying to make a case for lunar indicators as a "system" any more than I would
attempt to make a case for using a normal calendar as a stand alone trading system.
>From work I did on various timing-based system components a few years ago,
it appeared that lunar calendar signals on their own work slightly worse than a system
based on the ordinary calendar. Neither of these are useful on their own, but both may
potentially provide some additional input if you already have a working system.

The purpose of my "support for the lunar indicator" email was not to try to convince you,
your dog, or anyone else to use lunar indicators as a substitute for other methods. However,
for anyone who might be interested, lunar indicators are no more "loony" than calendars &
seasonals are, and plenty of commodity traders make good use of seasonals. There's a reasonable
(but not statistically rigorous) treatment of timing effects in "The Almanac Investor" by J.A.Hirsch & J.T.Brown .... just in case your dog might want to learn about them (and if he/she doesn't, that's OK too).

Regards,
Tony Morland