RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] developing a trading system - by dennia d. peterson

Hi Korine

I found that I did happen to have this article in PDF format, so I quickly did a cut and paste job, and I think I can see where the problem may be, can you confirm that the problem you are having is where the code is trying to use a non constant value within the BbandBot function, variables ‘BBpds’ and ‘deviations’ ?

Regards Dave

{Developing A Trading System by Dennis D. Peterson}

{BUY SIGNAL}

standarddev:=60;

periods:=14;

StochRSI:=(RSI(periods)-LLV(RSI(periods),periods))/

(HHV(RSI(periods),periods)-LLV(RSI(periods),periods));

rdp1:=Round(Stdev(stochrsi,standarddev)/.053);

rdp2:=Round(Stdev(stochrsi,standarddev)/.035);

rdv1:=Round(Stdev(Mov(V,periods,S)/

1000000,standarddev));

adjust1:= rdv1-rdp1+11;

adjust1:=if(adjust1<8,8,adjust1);

adjust1:=if(adjust1>12,12,adjust1);

adjust2:=rdv1-rdp2+14;

adjust2:=if(adjust1<12,12,adjust2);

adjust2:=if(adjust1>20,20,adjust2);

{Setup}

periods:=adjust1;

BBpds:=adjust2;

howclosetoBBbot:=0.9;

longthresholdentry:=0.3;

wprice:=(2*C+H+L)/4;

deviations:=.0625*BBpds+0.75;

botpercentage:=Abs((wprice-BBandBot(wprice,BBpds,S,deviations))/(BBandTop(wprice,BBpds,S,deviations)-BBandBot(wprice,BBpds,S,deviations)));

{entry conditions}

entry1:=botpercentage-howclosetoBBbot<0.3;

entry2:=C*1.05>BBandBot(wprice,BBpds,S,deviations) and

StochRSI>longthresholdentry;

volbb:=If(C>Ref(C,-1),V,0);

entry3:=Volbb>Ref(volbb,-1);

entry4:=(C-O)/(H-L)>.2;

EntryTrigger:=entry1 and entry2 and entry3 and entry4;

EntryTrigger;