[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Help needed for my first indicator.

Try this basic indicator example:

===================
Binary Wave example
===================
---8<----------------------

{ Binary Wave example v1.0 }
{ http://www.metastocktools.com }

{ --------------- User inputs ---------------- }

pds1:=Input("Indicator periods 1",1,260,14);
pds2:=Input("Indicator periods 2",1,260,14);
plot:=Input("plot:  [1]Binary wave,  [2]Signals",1,2,1);

{ ---------------- Indicators ---------------- }

{ Plus Directional Movement }
DIplus:=PDI(pds1);

{ Minus Directional Movement }
DIminus:=MDI(pds1);

{ MACD }
Mac:=MACD();
signal:=Mov(Mac,pds2,E);

{ --------------- Binary wave ---------------- }

signals:=
{ DI+ crosses DI- }
 Cross(DIplus,DIminus)
{ DI- crosses DI+ }
-Cross(DIminus,DIplus)
{ MACD crosses signal }
+Cross(Mac,signal)
{ Signal crosses MACD }
-Cross(signal,Mac);

BinWave:=Cum(signals);

{ Plot binary wave indicator in its own window }
If(plot=1,BinWave,signals)

---8<----------------------

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

[Open mind, Eyes will follow]

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "drk_411" <ramangumber@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to experiment with my first indicator which would have a
> summed up value from number of logical evaluations. The problem I am
> facing is "how to sum up the indicator".
>
> My indicator starts with a value of zero. Let's name it
> "MyIndicator"
>
> MyIndicator = 0
> Now
>
>  if DI+ crosses DI-, MyIndicator= MyIndicator + 1
>  if macd() crosses it's ma again MyIndicator is incrementally
>                    increased by one so MyIndicator=MyIndicator +1
>  Again another evaluation and MyIndicator gets increased, decreased
> or remains same.
>  And so on.
>
>  After number of logical if's and summed up, the final MyIndicator
> is drawn.
>
> I know and promise that I don't have any earth shattering formula,
> but being a neophyte  want some kind soul to write up the empty
> code, so that i could fill in the blanks and learn in the process.
>
> Thanks in advance and regards.
>
> Dr. Raman Kumar.
> [Eyes don't see, what mind doe's not know]

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM