[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Help needed for my first indicator.

Raman,
Most of this is covered in the formula primer that Equis has
published and the users manual. You can also check some of the
previous formulas at various sites for examples.

Basically, you will need to start with the conditions and sum them.

condition1:= cross(macd(),mov(macd(),9,s));
condition2:= cross(pdi(14),mdi(14));
MyIndicator:= condition1 + condition2;
MyIndicator; {end}

The problem with this indicator is that the condition value will be
one only on the day of the event otherwise it will be zero. You may
wish to use greater than instead which will yield a value of one for
every day that the expression is true. In this case the indicator
becomes:

condition1:= macd() > mov(macd(),9,s);
condition2:= pdi(14) > mdi(14);
MyIndicator:= condition1 + condition2;
MyIndicator; {end}

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "drk_411" <ramangumber@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to experiment with my first indicator which would have a
summed
> up value from number of logical evaluations. The problem I am facing
> is "how to sum up the indicator".
>
> My indicator starts with a value of zero. Let's name
it "MyIndicator"

> MyIndicator = 0
> Now
>
>  if DI+ crosses DI-, MyIndicator= MyIndicator + 1
>  if macd() crosses it's ma again MyIndicator is
incrementally
>                    increased by one so MyIndicator=MyIndicator +1
>  Again another evaluation and MyIndicator gets increased, decreased
or
> remains same.
>  And so on.
>
>  After number of logical if's and summed up, the final MyIndicator
is
> drawn.
>
> I know and promise that I don't have any earth shattering formula,
but
> being a neophyte  want some kind soul to write up the empty code, so
> that i could fill in the blanks and learn in the process.
>
> Thanks in advance and regards.
>
> Dr. Raman Kumar.
> [Eyes don't see, what mind doe's not know]

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM