Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Problem With Simple System Test

Hi Roy:

This is very strange, but come to think of it, I have had problems
with tests for as long as I've had the software. I finally gave up and
managed (sort of) with Explorations.

I deleted the sell rule, but the test kept selling and plotting on a
chart! I did not have any stops but I tried a test without the sell
rule and one stop-loss. The test plotted the same buys and sells as
before.

I created two indicators, one for the buy and another one for the
sell, plotted them, and lo! the formulas work fine. Each indicator
(formula) worked exactly as expected.

You mentioned other problems with System Tests. Do you have any ideas
about what the problem could be here? Is it the software do you think?

I might try, if I have time this evening, removing and downloading the
software again.

Thanks for your help, Roy. I really appreciate it. I wish I had found
this group months ago.

Thanks so much Roy.

Shelley

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx> wrote:

> Try removing your sell formula completely from the Sell window and
see what happens. It seems as though you have a constant logical TRUE
condition in the Sell window, or a setup condition that simulates
that. You might also check that none of the Stops are activated.

> Normally it's impossible to buy and sell on the same bar without
using a little trickery (like forward referencing the buy formula),
but the fact is that there can be many reasons why a systems test
fails to do what you expect it to. Posting your code, or an
abbreviated version that exhibits the same symptoms, would be useful
if you'd like a second opinion on that. Sadly there are a number of
other things that can cause problems besides the formulas you're using.

> Back to formulas, have you tried creating an indicator of both buy
and sell windows? That's the quickest way to spot code problems. Same
goes for explorations that don't work. Plotting the code to get a
visual result can save a lot of head-scratching.

> Roy
> www.metastocktips.co.nz

Service.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.