Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Changing Symbol Names in Metastock Pro 9.0

>>So outputting the result, as you've suggested, as a .sym
file will only add a symbol look-up list only from where I can
create a fresh list of securities...right? It will not have the
datas that are already in there right now.
<<

You're right -- you'd have to recollect the data.

I got looking at the MASTER and EMASTER files and found specific string lengths delineating the ticker symbols and name combination,
so I suspect you could hack a way to change the ticker symbols such that the .DAT files would still correspond.  I imagine that
would take more time for an amateur like me than manually changing 3000 tickers by hand, but you might want to examine those two
files.

Why do you need to change so many symbols? Is it because you've changed data vendors?

I'll be in Bangalore in early Dec -- if you're from there, drop me a line and perhaps we can have some tea and talk Metastock.

Regards,