[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Futures Mag Indicator - Std Dev in Volatility Oscillator Formula?

Ah! Ok, I see it on the chart now.

This is how it is setup in Excel in the article, see if this helps:

Col A: Date
Col B: Closing Price

Starting w/the 10th row:
Col C: [B(x):B(x+9)] - This is the avg.
Col D: [B(x):B(x+9)] - The std dev.

Starting w/the 11th row:
Col E: B12-B11 - The price change.
Col F: D12-D11 - The volatility.

Is there an error in this, since Col C & Col D have the same formula?
If so, lemme know and I'll email the author and get the correct one.
(I've already been in contact w/him and he's a very nice gent. He
didn't have a MetaStock version of his code.)

Thanks much,
Harold

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:

> Harold,
>
> Its there but the scale is so great for the std dev that you can't
> see the roc and the ma. Zoom in and you will see them or remove the Z
> variable ands plot it in another window.
>
> As far as the error, the minimum std dev is 2 which I should have
> related.
>
> I still don't have my November edition of the mag so I'm shooting in
> the blind here. If you can send anything else from the article maybe
> it would help. Maybe the excel formula.
>
> Preston

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM