Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Question re invalid period in latches

Hi Colin

If the sentence you've picked up on was the only time I'd ever been wrong I'd be pretty happy. It seems that the wording I've used is not strictly accurate, and neither does it convey the message I intended. The essential point to take from the discussion is that an N/A plot from a latch expression can extend much further than one would expect. Encapsulating all possible permutations of latch input signals in one sentence is a difficult task, and my attempt to do so seems to have come up short.

In my own defence, I must say that there are several revisions of the document discussing latches, and I can't find the same statement in the latest version. It seems that you have an excellent grasp of the subject matter, so you could probably put this form of latch behind you and use the Equis Forum dll latch function in the future.

ExtFml( "Forum.Latch",N,X,0,0);

This dll doesn't require an "Init" variable, and it appears to be impervious by the nuances that affect BarsSince(), ValueWhen() and other similar MetaStock functions.

Regards

Roy