[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Step code indicator

> For every day value the indicator will move in step instead of line
> between two dots. As long as tthere is a change in value, the
> indicator will move in step instead of linear line.

Tan, the logic that you are proposing will result in a stepped
indicator which would be rapidly out of scale with the original price/
indicator.

Steps need to be quantized to the nearest data array value, otherwise
there is no point to the quantization exercise.

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tan ming"
<reminiscenostalgia@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jose, basically the idea is to make the indicator look like step
> regardless of the size of change. I will illustrate with your
> example provided.
>
>> For example, if yesterday's value is 25.5 and today is 26.4,
>> using a points step size of 1.0 will round step to the nearest
>> integer, 26 for both days.  Using a points step size of 0.5 will
>> plot 25.5 & 26.5.
>
> My idea is if yesterday's value is 25.5 and today is 26.4, the step
> code will program the indicator making a L shape step from 25.5 to
> 26.4 without considering any minimum size of change. For every day
> value the indicator will move in step instead of line between two
> dots. As long as tthere is a change in value, the indicator will
> move in step instead of linear line. I think program like esignal
> has this feature. Your code imposes a minimum % change input which
> will screen out change which is below the minimum condition.
>
> Tan

Help tsunami villages rebuild at GlobalGiving. The real work starts now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/njNroD/KbOLAA/cosFAA/BefplB/TM