[EquisMetaStock Group] Stepped output test

Tan, step changes are dependant on the data's change as well as the
step size used.  Post a simple example of the data you are quantizing
and I'll understand better what you are trying to do.

For example, if yesterday's value is 25.5 and today is 26.4, using a
points step size of 1.0 will round step to the nearest integer, 26 for
both days.  Using a points step size of 0.5 will plot 25.5 & 26.5.

===================
Stepped output test
===================
---8<--------------------------

{ Stepped Price/Indicator *test* output v2.0 }

{ ©Copyright 2005 Jose Silva
  For personal use only
  http://www.metastocktools.com }

{ User inputs }
x:=Input("Value to quantize",0,10000,26.4);
step:=Input("Step size",0,10000,0.5);
type:=Input("Step type:  [1]$points,  [2]%percentage",1,2,1);

{ Step size }
step:=Max(If(type=1,step,
 LastValue(x*(step/100))),.00001);

{ Stepped data array }
stepX:=Int(x/step+.5)*step;

{ Plot on price chart or own window }
stepX

---8<--------------------------

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tan ming"
<reminiscenostalgia@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jose, you step code works great when user can specify minimum
> change. I have a indicator which changes value (Small to big change)
> every day. I apply the step code to it and note that there r some
> days where there is no "step up or down" despite change in indicator
> value. I input a very small change in the input parameter. Is it
> possible to code so that the indicator will "step everyday" with new
> change in value?

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM