Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Highlighting a point "x" number of days away?

Hi Chorlton

One way of identifying the last bar of a data array or chart is this.
LastValue(Cum(1))=Cum(1);

You could accumulate almost any small whole number within both Cum() functions and it would work just as well. Accumulating "1" can be useful in other ways, such as identifying any bar number within an array. With a small adjustment to the above code you can locate and mark the bar X bars before the last bar.
LastValue(Cum(1))-X=Cum(1);

The last bar could also be defined as
LastValue(Cum(1))-0=Cum(1);

So to find the bar 10 bars before the last bar (11th from last) you would use.
LastValue(Cum(1))-10=Cum(1);

Since the constant, 10 in this case, isn't used as the periods parameter in a function it can be calculated as a variable to provide a variable marker point for different charts. Of course it must still be a whole number, or the test for equality will fail.

To mark the required bar you could create a symbol in the expert forming part of your default template (or add an expert to the template if you don't already have one), and use the code as the condition for displaying your chosen symbol.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Roy