Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] metastock data

Larry,

I also use PremiumData. I have been a subscriber for about 11 months.
When my subscription runs out in a months a time I will be renewing,
for me it is not something I don't have to think about.

I think the best thing about their product is the custom folders,
they are fantastic.

Regards
Steve.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
<josesilva22@xxxx> wrote:

> Larry, I use http://www.premiumdata.net for my data, and on the
very
> rare occasion that I find an anomaly with the data, it usually gets
> fixed within minutes of my email to PremiumData support.
>

> > is there any data provider cheaper than reuters?
>
> The cheapest data source is the one that will cost you the least in
> bad trades due to data errors.  ;)
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Larry Carhartt" <lc@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > You might try http://www.premiumdata.net/.
> >
> > I have been a user of Reuters for years.  I know errors happen
from
> > any data vendor.  Unfortunately, what has been happening recently
> > with Reuters is that I call and/or email them about errors
(numerous
> > times) and they NEVER fix it.  Worse yet, if I go in and manually
> > fix it with The Downloader, my corrections get overwritten on the
> > next download.  A recent example is symbol EYE.  It is missing
data
> > from 5-27-05 to 6-7-05.  Prior to 5-27-05 the prices and volume
are
> > also wrong (too low - should be in the 30's and 40's - no split
that
> > I can find and if there were Reuters is supposed to adjust).
> > I checked prices versus numerous other sources.  This stock is an
> > important stock in that it is a component of
> >
> > S & P MidCap 400 Index - $MID
> > S & P MidCap 400 Index SPDRs - MDY
> > Russell 1000 Index - $RUI
> > Russell 1000 Index Fund iShares - IWB
> > Pharmaceutical HOLDRS - PPH
> >
> > This is only one of many, many examples.  Anyway, I am VERY
> > frustrated with Reuters and am considering switching to another
> > vendor.  Most likely it will be Premiumdata.net.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Larry Carhartt
> >
> > MasterDATA Composite Plug-in For MetaStock
> > The Only Source for Index & ETF Composite/Breadth Historical
> > MetaStock Data
> > www.MasterDATA4MetaStock.com
> > lc@xxxx
> > 818-701-6686