[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: gann Box or Box...

"The boxed ellipse was my creation"

Wrong, MG.

1) Box formulae for MetaStock have been around since the dawn of time.
   BTW, your MetaStock "box" only has three sides to it.

2) The original ellipse mathematical equation has been around for
millennia.  I doubt you wish to take credit for this, no?

3) The idea of an ellipse within a box in MetaStock originally came
from Eric, which makes the basic boxed ellipse his idea:

4) Compare versions of the boxed ellipse:

MG's code:
{ Note the lack of credit to the ancient mathematician that discovered
the ellipse equation. :) }

Boxed Ellipse code:
http://www.metastocktools.com/MetaStock/Ellipse.txt

Now, take a good look at the difference between these two indicator
plots, and you'll see that there is a lot more to useful code than
just drawing an ellipse that has absolutely no relation to a chart's
price.  Do you still believe that the code I wrote is yours?

"I see that by now all reference to the original author has
 disappeared."

Unfortunately I had to remove acknowledgement of your contribution in
version 2.0 of the indicator, as there was space left for only three
characters within the indicator code.  I've now squeezed some text and
made some room for acknowledging *your contribution to the ellipse
equation*.

MG, you've come up with some good code innovation, such as the Max(x,.
00001) snippet that simplifies the division-by-zero solution used
previously.  I am grateful for this and other code bits, but I hope
this does not mean that we have to acknowledge your contribution every
time one uses a basic snippet of your idea.

Jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mgf_za_1999 <no_reply@xxxx>

24 Hours. Commission-Free.