[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: gann Box or Box...

Darren, I guess there could be similarities between the Boxed Ellipse
and Darvas Box. Both could be used for generating trade signals
(although perhaps not successfully in today's markets), by using the
box as a breakout reference for entries & exits.

Then again, the Boxed Ellipse uses some hindsight, so it can't really
be traded.  It was really put together as a visual chart aid, and for
a bit of fun.

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Darren Liew <darrenliew@xxxx>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Jose,
>
> does the Boxed Ellipse method shares similarity to the
> Darvas Box Method?
>

> Rgds,
> Darren Liew
>

> --- Jose Silva <josesilva22@xxxx> wrote:
>
> For some useful MetaStock box code, try:
> http://www.metastocktools.com/#metastock
> "Boxed Ellipse" link.
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Al Dina
> <zebra7860@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Simple question.
>
> I want to draw a Gann box in Metastock 8.0 Pro.
> That is, I would like to stipulate the time ( run) and the price
> ( rise ) and then anchor the box at a certain high or low. Is there
> a way to do this?  I see Gann fan lines, Gann Grid, etc, but none
> are what I am looking for.  surely there must be a way to draw a box
> which can be saved for future use as well as the ability to stack
> the boxes....
>
> Any thoughts?
> Al

24 Hours. Commission-Free.