[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Chart Labeled EO (proprietary method of counting the Elliott Wave)

To supposedly avoid having to count E Waves, Williams uses two
methods.

He has what he calls the Alligator.
It's simply a Wilder's offset, which is easy to program.

Blue  Ref(Wilders(MP(),13),-8);

Green Ref(Wilders(MP(),5),-3);

Red  Ref(Wilders(MP(),8),-5);

These can also be found already in MS under Profitunity.

His AO and AC indicators are nothing more than a split MACD.

The alligator is approximately the same as DiNapoli's offset moving
averages. There's really no magic in it.

Ehlers Distant Coefficient filter does about the same thing.

If you want to learn to do explorations, buy Roy's newsletter and
read the articles on explorations. You'll learn how to find stocks
that meet all of your criteria a whole easier than trying to use this
code. www.metastocktips.co.nz

Williams fractals are just simplistic price patterns.

Fractal Resistance 2

(If(HIGH > Ref( HIGH , -1 ), 1 ,0 ) AND
If(HIGH > Ref( HIGH , -2 ), 1 ,0 )
AND If( HIGH > Ref( HIGH , +1 ), 1 ,0 ) AND
If( HIGH > Ref( HIGH , +2 ), 1 ,0 ))
AND Ref(H,-3)>Ref(H,-6)

Fractal Support 2

(If( LOW < Ref( LOW , -1 ), 1 ,0 ) AND
If( LOW < Ref( LOW , -2 ), 1 ,0 ) AND
If( LOW < Ref( LOW , +1 ), 1 ,0 ) AND
If( LOW < Ref( LOW , +2 ), 1 ,0 )) AND Ref(L,-3)>Ref(L,-6)

Fractal Resistance 3

(If( HIGH > Ref(HIGH,-1 ), 1 ,0 ) AND
If( HIGH > Ref(HIGH , -2 ), 1 ,0 ) AND If(HIGH>Ref(HIGH,-3),1,0)
AND If( HIGH > Ref( HIGH , +1 ), 1 ,0 ) AND
If( HIGH > Ref( HIGH , +2 ), 1 ,0 ) AND If(HIGH>Ref(HIGH,+3),1,0))

Fractal Support 3

(If( LOW < Ref( LOW , -1 ), 1 ,0 ) AND If( LOW < Ref( LOW , -2 ),
1 ,0) AND If( LOW < Ref( LOW , -3 ), 1 ,0) AND
If( LOW < Ref( LOW , +1 ), 1 ,0 )AND If( LOW < Ref( LOW , +2 ),
1 ,0 ) AND If( LOW < Ref( LOW , +3 ), 1 ,0 ))

Forget the one's, you don't need them.

Yes, Roy and Jose, I know this uses forward references but it doesn't
matter in this case. Due to the price patterns you're always going to
have a two or three bar delay because you can read the price pattern
until after it has finished forming.

None of this is particularly brilliant, but newbie's like red and
green so Williams sells a lot of this based on red and green bars,
etc.

He's also saying in his book E Waves are nothing more than a really,
really complicated way to find what a moving average tells you
already. Complicated is another way of saying you're going to make a
lot of mistakes trying to figure the E Wave method of forecasting the
future market turns--which is really a trading system--or is it, so
why bother, just use the offset Wilder's.  pages 62 and 69.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM