[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Elliott Waves

Good article by Connie Brown. She uses Elliott W to give her
confidence in her trading; but sticks to the technicals first. That
seems logical to me. If the 5th wave prediction did not work out, use
money management to get out. Question is how effective are softwares
in picking the wave count and predicting the 5th wave? After the wave
count, the Elliott Osc (MACD 3,35) is used to indicate the start of
the 5th... symphony.
I plan to get the AO MS Add-on software in January and study it
carefully over the following months. MS softwares at least allow some
backtesting. Will plan on letting this group know my findings later
next year. I believe that I am pretty unbiased. Just looking for an
edge; but plan to let technical indicators and money management rule
my decision vs pure EW.

Speaking of waves, I am sure all on this forum are shocked at the
extent of the Tsunami disaster in Asia. This is not the forum to
discuss that or comment, so will refrain. Purely coincidental that we
are discussing waves at this time..

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, superfragalist <no_reply@xxxx>
wrote:

> Here's an old Connie Brown article from TASC. Nothing in here says
> Waves work. Program E Waves into a systems tester and see what you
> get. You can't do it because there's no agreement on what an E Wave
> signal is.
>
> http://www.aeroinvest.com/interviewSC.pdf
>
> It sounds like Constance is a chart reader, who uses Gann and
Elliot
> to give her confidence in her chart reading.
>
> I'm not asking for the name of someone who uses E Waves or Gann or
> Murrey Math. I'm asking for a professional systems developer who
has
> tested them in unbiased computer simulation tests.
>
> Van Tharp and LeBeau have both done extensive tests on random
entries
> where a coin was filpped for picking which stocks to buy. Each used
> some sound money management techniques and exit strategies. In all
of
> their tests they had a profitable trading record.
>
> The point is entry selection is not the problem. Almost anything
> works. At least with Van Tharp and LeBeau you could test it. You
> can't test E waves.
>
> How do you explain people who use astrology for trading. Have you
read
> Introduction to Astrological Technical Trading by Myles Wilson
> Walker
>
> Contents
>
> Planet glyphs, Wheel explaination Terms
> Fixed (Automatic) Astro Cycles and examples
> -Stock Indexes, Grains and Bonds
> How to Find Fixed cycles for any Stock or Commodity
> Planetary Ingress, Retrograde - Direct planets as a Cycle timer
> Jupiter Ingress and Soybeans, Repeating Aspects
> How to Find the Dynamic astro Cycle for any Stock or Commodity
> Natal Astrology, Bradley Indicator, Time by Degrees
>
> This sounds like Gann and Elliot all over again.
>
> I've posted the reference several times to a site that's based on
> Asian astrology.
>
> Use Four Pillars astrology and I Ching to time your investment
> decisions.
>
> http://www.fourpillars.net/finance/index.html
>
> If you track this guy, you'll quickly learn he's right a lot of the
> time. It's all in the year of the moon dog!
>
> Gann and Elliot would have been all over the I Ching. Count on it.
>
> Too bad they didn't get that incorporated into their trading
sooner.
> Those charts would have been much easier to read.
>
> If have doubts about what I'm saying read: Fooled by Randomness.
That

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM