Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 9:59 PM
Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Elliott Waves

As an agnostic on this topic, I can say that I am intrigued by Connie
Brown's market analysis repertoire - she uses RSI, Fibonacci, Elliott wave
and Gann to produce S&P500 forecasts which are apparently surprisingly
accurate. Some of it is discussed in her "Technical Analysis for the Trading
Professional". At least one example of a serious and respected professional
using Elliott and Gann and willing to talk about it.

I do find that I am prepared to accept, at least as a hypothesis, that
securities price movements follow their own rhythms and patterns which we
can observe and try to interpret. Dow theory, Elliott waves, Gann studies
and Fibonacci retracement and expansion analysis are attempts to try to
analyze or codify these rhythms. It is up to us to assess how successful
these approaches are, but in studying them I believe we can build greater
personal insight into the ways that markets move.

Andrew