[Metastockusers] Subject: What really are the limits of the System tester ?

On 26 Dec 2004 18:59:00 -0000, "johnm_milton" <johnm_milton@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>I am testing the v.9 of Metastock.
>>Particularly I am studing the System tester. In a first moment it
>>seemed to work perfectly, but when I  have repeated again the same
>>kind of tests I found the results  were not always exactly the same.

First, you should read the Tom Sprunger article that superfragilistic
reproduced in his post. That will give you insight on what parts of
the System Tester don't work as you might assume. Also, the Trailing
Stop function does not work correctly.

I have Ver 8.01, and have not tested Ver 9. But (assuming I didn't
fall into the traps Tom mentioned), I have never had a repeatability
problem with the System Tester. Repeating the same test, or expanding
the OPT setting to encompass more than originally selected, has never
caused any result discrepancy. If you are sure you have everything set
correctly, then you might want to talk to Equis support.

Harry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM