[Metastockusers] What really are the limits of the System tester ?

Dear Friends of the NG,

I am testing the v.9 of Metastock.
Particularly I am studing the System tester. In a first moment it
seemed to work perfectly, but when I  have repeated again the same
kind of tests I found the results  were not always exactly the same.

Also I discovered another limit when using the OPT variables.
I just tried a simple system consisting in  the "Cross" of an
indicator with its Moving average. I have used two  OPT variables.
In a first moment I set OPT1 and OPT2 from 1 to 30. THen I set them
from 1 to 60. The step was for both 1.
In the second trial the results were worst of the first time; so the
software ignored the best OPT variables of the first trial. That has
absolutely no logic motivation. I repeated the test again many times
after closing and turning on again the PC. All the parameters of the
test were exactly the same.

I am really worried about all this.
I ask you: have you never tested more times the same system or have
you never noticed problems like theese. Do you use really original
version of Metastok 9 or Overnet versions ? Is it possible that first
versions had such kind of bugs ?
I use a powerful PC with a lot of memory (1gb) OS= XP updated

In any case what do you think are the real limits of the System
tester.

I thank you very much for your help

John

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM