Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock exploration columns and compression

MG

> Is it possible to add a compress in columns,
>
> Exemple:
> I read a 30 mn file, if I compress by 2 I read a 60 mn file in this
> column, if I compress by 13 I read a daily quote.
>
> So in the same exploration I can mix intraday of different period and
> daily if I want.
>
> A very useful option IMHO, probably a lot of work also.
>
> Have a nice Xmas
>
> MG

Yes it's possible to plot longer timeframe prices and indicators for a shorter timeframe chart,
exploration or system test. Intraday-on-intraday is more complex than intraday-on-daily or
daily-on-weekly though. The critical element to creating such code is being able to accurately
define the beginning and end of each longer timeframe. It's not as a easy as you might think.

Check out examples at http://www.metastocktips.co.nz/other_formulas.html

Kind regards

Roy Larsen
www.metastocktips.co.nz