RE: [Metastockusers] Re: Relative Strength (like Investor's Business Daily)

This book is more than $300 on Amazon.  Not that I mean to be cheap, but
it's a little expensive.

Cameron

From: "Andrew Tomlinson" <andrew_tomlinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Metastockusers] Re: Relative Strength (like Investor's
Business Daily)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:48:01 -0500

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM

--- Begin Message ---
I would recommend that anyone who is interested in seeing some analytical
proof of the benefits of buying outperforming stocks on outperforming
sectors read "The Research Driven Investor" by Timothy Hayes, who works at
Ned Davis Research. Chapter ten gets on to the nitty-gritty of what time
periods to use and how frequently to rebalance. NDR actually go on to
supplement the momentum rankings with some fundamental factors, but they are
extremely thorough.

Be aware that it is very difficult to replicate Bill O'Neill's RS tables
without spending a lot of money. He has developed his own proprietary sector
lists that change frequently and are only available at a cost.  The other
available industry/sector lists (e.g. S&P or Reuters) are particularly
lacking when it comes to technology - just not enough granularity.

Andrew