Re: [Metastockusers] ADX help needed

Hi Sukhen

> I like ADX but I see ADX is kind of slow many times. If I reduce the
> default parameter 14 to something else, this sometimes becomes too
> sensitive and it (ADX) does not produce an effective solution. ADXR
> is even slower. Is there any modified version that is more effective?
> Hope I could explain. If no modified version is available, can it be
> tuned anyway?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> - Sukhen

Try this formula and substitute an EMA for each Wilders()

{MetaStock code written by Equis and published in the Oct99 TASC}
  {ADX Raw}
Periods:=Input("Enter time periods",1,100,14);
PlusDM:=If(H>Ref(H,-1) AND
L>=Ref(L,-1),H-Ref(H,-1),
If(H>Ref(H,-1) AND L<Ref(L,-1)
AND H-Ref(H,-1)>Ref(L,-1)-L,
H-Ref(H,-1),0));
DIPlus:=100*Wilders(PlusDM,Periods)/ATR(Periods);
MinusDM:=If(L<Ref(L,-1) AND
H<=Ref(H,-1),Ref(L,-1)-L,
If(H>Ref(H,-1) AND L<Ref(L,-1)
AND H-Ref(H,-1)<Ref(L,-1)-L,