From: pumrysh [mailto:no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 4:46 PM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Trading vs. selling trading
tools/seminars

Andy,

Trading doesn't pay as well as many would have us to believe. That's
not to say you can't make a living and pull in $100K+ per year.
Question is can you do it continually? These guys may have a short
term plan to make a maximum amount in a short period of time and then
get out. How many of us really sit down and develop a plan to make a
million or two in five years or less and then retire?

I'm always struck by the claims that system sellers make. Their
systems made 65-85% in less than 30 days. That's great but how often
did those 30 day periods come about? Extend that period over a year
and the return doesn't seem quite as good. Taking this a step further
how much investment capital must I have in order to put that $100k in
my pocket every year?

As far as the secret sauce, I may get all the ingredients but I doubt
I'll get the right amounts, mixing methods, or cooking times.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "metastkuser"
<andysmith_999@xxxx> wrote:

> Preston,
>
> Yes, I see your point -- the risk/reward in selling tools and
> knowledge can be much better than the r/r of trading.
>
> Still, the fact that traders need to supplement their income by
> divulging their "secret sauce" (something rarely done in technology
> and biotech) makes me think these traders cannot make a sufficient
> income from trading alone? Still confused...
>
> Andy
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx>
wrote:

> > Andy,
> >
> > It may be just a matter of perspective. Calculating the rewards
for
> > an instructional seminar you need to realize that there is a
great
> > deal of reward with little risk. On the other side if the seminar
> is
> > free and I charge you for the tools, I can reap larger rewards
with
> > little higher risk. Compare this then to the risks/reward of
> trading.
> >
> > You mentioned also a weekend event. The markets are not really
> active
> > over the weekend. This could be a great way to supplement income
at
> > time when you might not otherwise be capable of doing so.
> >
> > I once calculated the rewards for a seminar that was conducted in
> > numerous cities over a two week period. The per registrant income
> was
> > only $120 but when you calculated this over the two weeks and
> figured
> > the number of per day participants minus expenses the income
> exceeded
> > $50k. Not bad when you figure this could have been done during a
> > vacation from work.
> >

> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "metastkuser"
> > <andysmith_999@xxxx> wrote:
> > >

> > > I have grappled with this for a while -- have asked friends,
> > traders,
> > > my wife -- no satisfactory answer yet -- so I'll try this
forum.

> > > I've attended seminars in the past where the instructor
impresses
> > the
> > > audience with how great life is for him (never encountered a
> female
> > > instructor yet), how much money he makes (one guy went on and
on
> > > about how much he spends on sushi) and so on. Yet he is
spending
> > his
> > > weekend in a stuffy hotel hall teaching trading basics instead
of
> > > spending time with his family or flying his lear jet or eating
> > sushi.
> > > Why?
> > >
> > > I've also come across traders who claim they are very
successful
> > BUT
> > > want to sell their knowledge/tools to others. Same question:
why?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM