[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: fibonocci time extentions

People,

This is an idea which I picked up from Jose. Thank you, Jose.

Creating the calendar day chart takes a little ingenuity, but is worth the trouble. I am attaching three files which are the Metastock format for the Dummy Data file. All you need to do is to copy these files in a separate subdirectory. They are named MASTER, F1.dat and EMASTER.

Attached is another file, which is the MS80FORM.DTA. Save this file into any temporary subdirectory. This is my custom Fibonacci Cycles formula for Metastock. Import this formula into Metastock by using the formula window, and selecting the "organiser" button. The name of the Indicator is "Fib Days Cycles By Dusant".

The method and steps to follow are detailed below:
  • create a clean chart of the dummy data
  • open another clean chart of the Index/stock which you desire
  • Right click the Index/stock plot and select copy
  • then select the dummy data chart
  • make a new window in this chart
  • paste the copied Index/Stock data into this new window
  • Select the major high/low or high/high or low/low dates for the security you want to test
  • Determine the dates for the same (please follow the mm/dd/yy format)
  • Drag and drop the Newly created indicator of the Fibonacci Days on the composite chart.
  • Enter the prompt dates in mmddyy format
  • Select the histogram format of plotting the indicator
  • Select "overlay without scale" option
Once this is done, you can plot any number of histogram vertical lines for the time cycles using different colours and highs/lows combinations.

Also it is suggested to save the charts, either as a template or charts so that you can recall your work without problems.

I am sorry, I have not done anything on the intraday front, but the logic would be the same. The Time Cycles formula cannot be sent as I am bound by a non disclosure agreement.

Best Wishes.

Dusant

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here