[Metastockusers] Re: Relative Strength Comparisons

There is very little "Relative" in traditional RSC.  There is a lot
more to computing meaningful RSC than just dividing one data array
over another.

>From http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/Tools/URSC.htm :

RSC traditional problems
========================

Traditional Relative Strength Comparisons to another data set such as
an index, have many problems:

   RSC indicators don't plot any meaningfully consistent values,
   and thus values between different charts (specially those with
   different scales) cannot be directly compared;

   The RSC starting zero-point - which is important in determining
   the current RSC level - shifts according to the amount of data
   available for each chart;

   RSC indices have to be manually chosen for each new chart, which
   means automatic explorations and systems based on traditional
   RSC's are not possible.

URSC solutions
==============

All the above shortcomings (and more) are addressed by the
URSC plug-in kit:

• Normalized values with true % levels that are directly comparable
  to all charts;

• Adjustable common zero-starting data points, independent of
  any missing chart data;

• Automatic selection of GICS Sector Indices, to match
  each stock;

• Automatic GICS vs major market index Relative Strength Comparisons;

• Automatic display of GICS Industry numbers for current chart;

• Chart Experts can display above/below strength zones and URSC-EMA
  breakout signals;

• Complex & detailed URSC Explorations of all stocks vs major indices;

• URSC Explorations of all stocks vs their respective GICS sector
  indices;

• Complex Exploration filtering of any combination of selected
  GICS Industry Groups.

• Create your own favourites lists - safer, easier and more useful
  than MetaStock's volatile-storage method.

jose '-)

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "joetrade69" <joetrade69@xxxx>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM