Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Symbols for indexes on different MetaStock compatible data providers

Excellent idea for a very useful tool, Larry.

Perhaps the table below may be of help, from
http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/Download/Gics.htm

  GICS Sector                          US Index
                                  Reuters  Bloomberg
  10  Energy                       .GSPE    S5ENRS
  15  Materials                    .GSPM    S5MATR
  20  Industrials                  .GSPI    S5INDU
  25  Consumer Discretionary       .GSPD    S5COND
  30  Consumer Staples             .GSPS    S5CONS
  35  Health Care                  .GSPA    S5HLTH
  40  Financials                   .GSPF    S5FINL
  45  Information Technology       .GSPT    S5INFT
  50  Telecommunication Services   .GSPL    S5TELS
  55  Utilities                    .GSPU    S5UTIL

jose '-)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Larry Carhartt" <lc@xxxx>
wrote:
> As I am sure most of you know, different data providers use
different
> symbols for the same indexes.  Why?  Who knows, but I am putting
together a
> MetaStock plug-in that I am trying to make as universal as possible.
 In

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM