RE: [Metastockusers] User Manual Vs Group Posting

Another perspective - this is the way I approach this.

I never post a question on this (or any other) forum until I have researched
it as thoroughly as I can and have come to a dead end. I do this for several
reasons, many of them selfish.
- first, I have likely learned something (even if its not the exact answer
I'm looking for) just by doing the basic research myself first. A
query-based search is a good way to get to know your basic research
materials.
- secondly, I am more likely to properly understand the answer if I have
done my homework. It's frustrating to me (and no doubt for the provider of
the answer) to receive an answer I don't "get". As I also make it a rule not
to use any indicator or formula that I don't fully understand, the answer
may be useless to me if I haven't done the work.
- thirdly, I assume that the people who contribute to this and other groups
have limited time and energy. I can use up this resource with questions that
I could have answered myself with a bit of work, or I can use them as a last
resource when I can go no further. I feel I'm more likely to get answers to
difficult questions if I haven't used up the group's patience with asking
questions I clearly could have found answers to elsewhere. Put another way,
it doesn't seem right to me to ask other people to do the work I'm not
willing to put in myself.

Everyone is different. But this is what works for me.

Andrew