[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: crossing MA

csong,

There are literally dozens of ways to confirm a trend...up or down.
Some of the more recent post on this group site have talked about
using a trend indicator that appeared in Roy's newsletter. That is
certainly one way to do it. When using moving averages the tendency
is to use longer moving averages. 30 days will give you a trend
indication but its only over a 30 day timeframe. In this case you
need to look for a rate of change (ROC) that is less or greater than
previous. Another idea is to use 3 moving averages. Something like a
30, 60, and 90 day lookback period. You would want the close greater
than the 30, the 30 greater than the 60, and the 60 greater than the
90 for an uptrend and reversed for a downtrend. This is all
hypothetical and you as a technical analysist must determine the
timeframes that best suit your trading style.

Preston

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM